Director & Head Instructor
- Started formal training in 1979. Trained consistently in many styles of Traditional Martial Arts.
- Started training in Kenpo and Kickboxing in the mid 1980’s, trained and taught 84 hours per week for many years, earning black belt in 1993.
- Over 25 years of Thai Boxing/Kickboxing experience.
- Started training with Royce Gracie in 1995.
- Earned blue belt under Royce Gracie in 1997.
- Fell off 3 story roof in 1998, was told to never practice martial arts again.
- Starting training at the Minnesota Martial Arts Academy in 1999, against doctors orders, overweight and nursing many injuries. Studied Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Combat Submission Wrestling.
- Opened American School of Martial Arts in late 2004
- June 2006, promoted to purple belt by Rodrigo Gracie
- August 2012, promoted to brown belt by Rodrigo Gracie
- May 2016, promoted to black belt by Rodrigo Gracie
- Extreme Challenge Winner.
- 2002 Greater Midwest Submission Hunt Absolute division no gi champion.
- Competed in amateur Muay Thai, Boxing, Kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Shoot Fighting and Mixed Martial Arts competitions.
- 10-4 Mixed Martial Arts Record.
- Certified Coach for USA Boxing.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Started training with American Top Team Savage in 2010
- Promoted to blue belt in 2011 by Royce Gracie
- Promoted to purple belt in 2014 by Rodrigo Gracie
- Studied multiple different forms of Martial arts including Kung Fu and Tae kwon do
- Has competed in local amateur boxing
- Competes in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/Submission Wrestling tournaments regularly
- Specializes in woman’s, children’s, and beginner self defense
- 12 years wrestling experience
- 2 time state qualifier-high school
- 3rd in state-high school
- 3 time all american – college
2006-174 lb-4th place
2007-174 lb-5th place
2008-184 lb-3rd place
- Augsburg college coach
- Trained at Olympic Training Center
- Wrestled in the Ukraine representing USA