Director & Head Instructor
- Started formal training in 1979. Trained consistently in many styles of Traditional Martial Arts.
- Started training in Kenpo and Kickboxing in the mid 1980’s, trained and taught 84 hours per week for many years, earning black belt in 1993.
- Over 25 years of Thai Boxing/Kickboxing experience.
- Started training with Royce Gracie in 1995.
- Earned blue belt under Royce Gracie in 1997.
- Fell off 3 story roof in 1998, was told to never practice martial arts again.
- Starting training at the Minnesota Martial Arts Academy in 1999, against doctors orders, overweight and nursing many injuries. Studied Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Combat Submission Wrestling.
- Opened American School of Martial Arts in late 2004
- June 2006, promoted to purple belt by Rodrigo Gracie
- August 2012, promoted to brown belt by Rodrigo Gracie
- May 2016, promoted to black belt by Rodrigo Gracie
- Extreme Challenge Winner.
- 2002 Greater Midwest Submission Hunt Absolute division no gi champion.
- Competed in amateur Muay Thai, Boxing, Kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Shoot Fighting and Mixed Martial Arts competitions.
- 10-4 Mixed Martial Arts Record.
- Certified Coach for USA Boxing.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Max fights of ND Featherweight Champion
- 2 time KTK of WI Champion
- U.C.S. of MN Lightweight Champion
- 5 years MMA experience
- Pro MMA record: 10-5-1
- Boxing record: 3-1-2
- Muay Thai fights: 11
- King Grappler Gi Division Champion
- King Grappler No Gi Division Champion
- Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- 2005 Toughman Runner Up
- All Conference
- Minnesota State Moorhead-Team Captain
Head Assistant Coach 2003-2004
- Strength and Conditioning Coach 2002-2003
- Robert Service High School (Anchorage, AK)
Head Assistant Coach 2001-2002
- 13 years experience
- MMA Record:6-1, Boxing: 3-1, ThaiBoxing: 8-2
- KTK Lightweight Champ
- 3 stripe Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Started training with American Top Team Savage in 2010
- Promoted to blue belt in 2011 by Royce Gracie
- Promoted to purple belt in 2014 by Rodrigo Gracie
- Studied multiple different forms of Martial arts including Kung Fu and Tae kwon do
- Has competed in local amateur boxing
- Competes in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/Submission Wrestling tournaments regularly
- Specializes in woman’s, children’s, and beginner self defense
- Pro MMA record: 7-3
- Amateur MMA record: 17-13-1
- 3 time amateur MMA Champion
- Kickboxing record: 11-5
- Pro Boxing record: 1-0
- Over 20 years of combined wrestling experience as an athlete and coach.
- Coached wrestling at all levels from kindergarten to collegiate student athletes.
- Over four years as a Collegiate head coach. Developed 18 National Qualifiers, 5 All Americans, 1 National Finalist and led his teams to multiple top 10 finishes at the National tournament including a 4th place finish.
- Was selected as the 2011 Minnesota College Athletic Conference “Coach of the Year” and 2011 NJCAA Regional “Coach of the Year”.
- An active competitor in many different grappling tournaments.
- Promoted to purple belt in BJJ, May 2016 by Rodrigo Gracie.
- 2016 US Combat Wrestling National Champion, Rogers, Arkansas
- 2016 US Combat Wrestling World Team Member 62 kg, Tomasi, Hungary
- 2015 Naga Expert NOGI Champion: Gold medal, Milwaukee, WI
- 2015 North American Sambo Championships: Bronze medal, Montreal, Canada
- 2015 North American Submission Wrestling Championships: Gold medal, Montreal, Canada
- 10 years wrestling experience
- 5 years of college wrestling
- 3 time national qualifier
- 2 years college assistant wrestling coach
- King Grappler Gi Division Champ
- Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- 12 years wrestling experience
- 2 time state qualifier-high school
- 3rd in state-high school
- 3 time all american – college
2006-174 lb-4th place
2007-174 lb-5th place
2008-184 lb-3rd place
- Augsburg college coach
- Trained at Olympic Training Center
- Wrestled in the Ukraine representing USA